Cedarcreek membership is explained during the twice a year Orientation (spring and fall). At the end of the Orientation Seminar everyone is given a copy of the Membership Covenant and allowed to read and decide for themselves. We don’t require anyone to be a member at Cedarcreek.
Cedarcreek Membership Covenant
I have come to Cedarcreek Community Church and have been influenced by its ministry and its people. I desire greater involvement and commitment to the church and feel led by the Holy Spirit to join the church as a member. I have carried out the following three requirements:
1. I have committed my life to Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord. I have come into a personal relationship with God and thereby have been included as a member of His body. I enthusiastically identify myself with Him and His gospel.
2. I have demonstrated my commitment to Christ by being baptized as the Bible describes or I plan to be baptized at the earliest convenient date.
3. I have taken Cedarcreek’s Orientation seminar.
In joining the church, I also commit myself and my family to do the following:
I will protect the unity of my church by
- accepting Cedarcreek’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Strategy and Structure
- following the church leaders
- refusing to gossip
I will share the responsibility of my church by
- praying for its growth
- inviting the unchurched to attend
- warmly welcoming those who visit
I will support the testimony of my church by
- faithfully attending
- living a godly life
- giving regularly
I will serve the ministry of my church by
- discovering and using my spiritual gifts and talents (ask how to take a spiritual gifts test)
- developing a servant’s heart
- getting involved in a small group